The Aims of Au
An overview of our general intentions
Making the impossible (more) possible
- We want to turn ‘vicious circles’ into ‘virtuous circles’.
- We aim to achieve this by developing a metadesign system
- We aim to join things that make us happy with things that co-sustain us.
- We aim to make the ‘impossible’ more thinkable.
- This means daring to dream beyond what we believe to be attainable.
...we envisage a transformative world...
- We do not see technological nor political problems as the first hurdle.
- It is a psychological barrier that we can overcome, collectively.
- We need to find out what we really want (and need).
- Once we know this we can cooperate to make it real.
- Many good ideas fail for subtle or complex reasons.
- See, for example, Hardin's (1969) Tragedy of the Commons.
...by making dreams more shareable...
- If we co-imagine the dream in a more shareable form...
- If we exchange dreams and join them together...
- If enough people were to do this...
- We would achieve a global ‘synergy of synergies’ (Fuller, 2005).
- Politics would be more positive, spontaneous, co-creative and emergent.