Dream Exchange Workshop
This event took place at Cockpit Arts as part of the Deptford Design Festival
on Sat. 16th September 2006
Dreaming in Deptford was fun
- Local people shared visions and dreams at the Cockpit Arts studios.
Everyone can exercise their right to dream
- Arguably, there has never been a more important time to dream
- Imagine if there were no Political Parties, Civil Servants or Advertising Agencies....
- What kind of world would you want for your children....and children's children...?
- Without dreams, we risk falling asleep
- We all have a right to dream
- Maybe it's a responsibility...
Have we forgotten how to dream??
- Today, 'freedom' means 'freedom of choice'. We have become 'choosers', rather than 'dreamers'.
- As voters, our job is to choose a colour, in order to maintain the political system.
- As consumers, we must choose the right fashions, food, and holidays
- We must work harder, to consume more, to create jobs, to maintain the economy.
Your dream might wake us up
- Wealth has not made us happier.
- In fact, it is slowly killing us.
- Economic growth means too many people living with too much stress,
- It means travelling too far, too often, and too quickly for our own good.
- Climate change and loss of biological species is the outcome of a dream-less society.
We are all creative
- Is there a future? Lewisham is a Creative Borough.
- How might we change the way we live?
- Maybe it is not too late to decide how we really, really, really want to live.
People seemed to enjoy it
- Visitors discussed their ideas about dreaming.
- Artists invited them to make pictures of their dreams.
- Some mystery celebs arrived.
- The purpose is serious, but the event was a lot of fun.
- There were prizes and some 'Licenses to Dream' to be won.
Return to DeptfordDesignFestivalParticipants
Go to /